Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Out in 5th of $1500 NL Holdem WSOP event, jamin comes in 3rd in the $10k HU event

Can't be too disappointed. I have never been more card dead at a final table in my life. In fact all of Day 3 I was incredibly card dead. I saw one pair (88) and it was raised and re-raised before it got to me. I saw AQs and it was raised allin and reraised allin before it got to me. I maintained a chip stack by three betting junk hands a few times. I was really just sort of biding my time until I could pick up a few hands. With 5 players to go I looked down at AQ and made a standard raise to 150k. Pete, the older gentlemen who was literally being hit in the face with the deck, instantly announced allin. He had done this about 10 times at the final tble and had shown everything from AA to A10. I figure given the situation and my dwindling stack I can dominate him a fair amount here and more likely I am in a raceoff for 2.5 mil in chips. I called and Pete showed up with 99 and won the flip. I wasn't really mad, given the cards I was dealt at the final table. I'm not exactly a tight player but opening hands like 92o and j4o against a table of competent players just isn't going to be profitable. It's nice to be on the board and make my first "official" final table at the WSOP. I have now played 7 tournaments in the WSOP. I was planning on playing a few more but the day 2 of the 2500 event forced me to miss the 5k and I missed two tournaments due to the 3 days of play in the $1500. I was going to play yesterday but we were out late celebrating Jamin's 3rd place finish in the $10,000 Heads up event for $215,000. A good WSOP for our group from Michigan so far. I think I am going to play the tournament at the Venetian, Bellagio or Caesars today considering there is no WSOP event. Hopefully once I get back on the grind I can produce another good showing heading up to the Main Event.

No comments:

Post a Comment